Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keeping us safe from Dork Hunter terrorists.



Children's TV Stars Face Anti-Terror Quiz

Now tell me, do these people look like 'terrorists'?

Really?

"We were out and about doing 'dork hunting' ourselves on the streets of London.

"Jamie and I were kitted out in fake utility belts. We've got hairdryers in our belt, a kids' walkie-talkie, hairbrushes and all that kind of stuff, and we were being followed by a camera crew and a boom mike and we get literally pulled over by four policemen and we were issued with a warning 'under the act of terrorism'."

TV hosts Anna Williamson and Jamie Rickers dressed as they were when police questioned them under anti-terrorism powers (see picture)

Rickers, 32, added: "We were stopped, not arrested, but they had to say 'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt', and I said 'and please put spangly blue hairdryer' and he was, like, 'all right'."

I really hope 'spangly blue hairdryer' made it into the police report. :)

Sometimes words in England and America mean totally different things. So, I'm wondering if 'dork' means the same thing there as here? If so, then I think I see what the problem is. They were probably using their secret 'dork detector', and it led them right to the terror police squad.

No comments: